English - Curriculum Information
Aims of the English Department
- To promote a love of English: reading, writing and spoken communication.
- To nurture, support and challenge the skills of each individual student.
- To encourage participation and recognise achievement.
- To provide opportunities for teamwork, discussion and independent study.
- Miss H Davies - Subject Leader of English
- Mrs H Thomson - Deputy Subject Leader English
- Mrs M Beckford - Literacy Across the Curriculum Co-ordinator and English Teacher
- Miss N Hoad – Leader of Media Studies and English Teacher
- Miss S Decourcy – Pupil Premium Co-ordinator and English Teacher
- Ms G Wilks – English Teacher
- Mrs A Field - English Teacher
- Mrs E Peachey - English Teacher
- Miss V Walker - English Teacher
- Miss E Tarsey - English Teacher
- Mrs E Hopkins - English Teacher
- A well stocked Library LRC
- Access to the Accelerated Reader scheme for all KS3 students
- Access to a range of texts taught across the key stages.
Key Stage Three (Year 7-9)
Key Stage Three English is taught in eight lessons over two weeks, with students spending one of these lessons in the Learning Resource Centre. Students explore a range of texts and writing styles through thematic units which include: Gothic Monsters, Conflict, Going Global, Hocus Pocus, Crime and Punishment and Heritage.
KS4 (Year 10 and 11)
At Key Stage Four, all students follow the AQA GCSE in both Language and Literature. The course will be assessed by exam only - please see the English Curriculum document below for more details.
Period 6 - Tuesdays
For Easter Revision Sessions, please see Exam Support and Timetables page - under Teaching & Learning.