Careers and Work Experience
Our school Careers Adviser can help you with planning your career path. You can talk to the Careers Adviser about any ideas you have for the future – or check out what might be available to you after Year 11.
The Careers Leader at Worthing High School is Mr Martin Fisher. His responsibilities are:
- The implementation and coordination of the Careers/Employability program including all 8 Gatsby Benchmarks.
- Business Partnership coordinator.
- Duke of Edinburgh personal development Award Leader.
Please contact him if you have any questions or require any information at 01903 237864 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What do Careers Advisers do?
- Careers Adviser help people to make decisions about their education, training and future career.
- They can discuss your career ideas with you and look at how these match the skills, qualifications and experience that you have, or need to get to success in your chosen area.
- They can tell you about entry requirements for different careers, courses, training, job vacancies and job trends in your local area. They can also help you with CV writing and can advise on applying for jobs and courses.
- Careers Advisers usually talk to you individually but they also work with groups of people.
- Careers Advisers have professional qualifications.
Overview of Careers Education at Worthing High School CLICK HERE
Worthing High School holds the INVESTORS IN CAREERS Award - CLICK HERE
Careermap is a free magazine for schools, students, teachers, parents and career advisers.
The aim to connect everyone to high-quality advice and career guidance. The magazine looks at industry sectors in depth, giving students/parents/carers a clear view of all the post 16 options available.