Learning about apprenticeships can be daunting, so we’ve included some of the key facts you need to know to begin to help you explore the opportunities available.
• Apprenticeships are real jobs, and you will earn a real wage
• Apprenticeships are available to anyone over the age of 16, living in England and have no upper age limit
• Apprenticeships have four levels, intermediate, advanced, higher and degree
• An apprentice will spend 20% of their time off-the-job training
• Many apprenticeship vacancies are advertised on Find an Apprenticeship, the government portal - https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
For more information about apprenticeships, visit HERE & also click on the Films link to the right of this page to see some really useful videos showing you Apprenticeship roles linked to subjects.
HMRC are a large local employer with a diverse range of Apprenticeship opportunities within their locally based organisation and have provided us with useful resources below with information on apprenticeships with them.
We will also detail below any relevant locally based Apprenticeships when we are notified of them.