- Teaching & Learning
- Careers, Post 16 & Work Experience
- Year 10/11-Post 16 Information
- Apprenticeship Information
Learning about apprenticeships can be daunting, so we’ve included some of the key facts you need to know to begin to help you explore the opportunities available.
• Apprenticeships are real jobs, and you will earn a real wage
• Apprenticeships are available to anyone over the age of 16, living in England and have no upper age limit
• Apprenticeships have four levels, intermediate, advanced, higher and degree
• An apprentice will spend 20% of their time off-the-job training
• Many apprenticeship vacancies are advertised on Find an Apprenticeship, the government portal -
https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship. Please enter 'Intermediate' Level on that page.
For more information about apprenticeships, please click HERE.
HMRC are a large local employer with a diverse range of Apprenticeship opportunities within their locally based organisation and have provided us with useful resources below with information on apprenticeships with them.
We will also detail below any relevant locally based Apprenticeships when we are notified of them.
Also, please take a look at a series of short and engaging films covering 12 school subjects and the many apprenticeship roles they link with.
Each film introduces a range of apprentice roles linked to the subject and outlines some tasks you could expect to be doing in each apprenticeship.