- Curriculum & Learning
- The Curriculum at Worthing High School
- Food Preparation & Nutrition - Curriculum Information
Food Preparation & Nutrition - Curriculum Information
- Mrs C Whitby - Subject Leader
- Mrs E Willett
- Mrs S De Luca
Two equipped Food Technology rooms
- To provide our students with 'real life' problem solving skills relevant to today's environment.
- To provide our students with the capabilities to communicate and develop their ideas and thought processes using the technological tools of today, whilst reflecting on past practices.
- We aim to create within the department an environment, which will encourage pupils to achieve high standards, the best of which they are capable, in as many areas as possible and provide the foundations for a happy and successful adult life.
KS4 - Years 10-11
Students attend 5 lessons per fortnight:
- Eduqas - Food Preparation and Nutrition and AQA GCSE Design and Technology (Covers Resistant Materials, Product Design, Graphic Products Systems and some Textiles).
Non Exam Assessment (NEA's)
In Food there are 2 NEA's. The themes are released in the Autumn Term:
NEA1 - A Food Science based task - October/November of year 11
NEA2 - A research project with an extended practical food exam (3 hours)- January/February/March of year 11
- Both GCSEs are 50% controlled assessment tasks and 50% exam with a mix of long and short answer questions.
- The controlled assessment in all DT subject areas begins in the summer term of Year 10 and continues through to February half term of Year 11
Food - Thursday 3.15-4.15 or lunchtimes in T5 and masterclasses, visits and speakers - will be incorporated into lessons to enable all students to participate
For Easter Revision Sessions, please see Exam Support and Timetables page - under Teaching & Learning.