PE Department News 7.10.21
News from the PE Department is below.
Club timetable and fixtures
Please click the link to the autumn term 1 clubs timetable. Next week Year 11 students will be sitting their mock examinations therefore the sports hall will be out of use. Clubs which will not run next week are listed below.
Cancelled clubs next week:
- Monday 11th Oct – No Badminton club
- Tuesday 12th Oct – No early morning Netball club
- Wednesday 13th October – No Rugby Club, Table Tennis or Football training for years 10 and 11.
Date Change :
- Contemporary Dance will change to Thursday 14th October for next week only.
Venue changes: Volleyball will move to the field as will cricket club. All other clubs will run as normal.
Fixture news so far this week
- Year 9 girls basketball team – runners up and a win against DHS
- Year 7 boys football runners up to DHS
- Year 8 girls basketball runners up to DHS
- Year 10 first rugby games this week – well done fantastic team spirt
PE kit – please can we remind you that tracksuit trousers must be from SWI in years 7-9 and plain black in years 10 and 11 (if they are not from SWI). Leggings are not part of the school uniform. If students are waiting for SWI kit to arrive please could we ask students wear an alternative plain top and shorts/tracksuit bottoms until the kit arrives. Thank you.
Sport/ Dance leader applications
Thank-you to all students who have applied for position of sport/dance leader and/or perfect. Due to the large number of applications we need more time to read through all the applications. We will be in touch with all students who applied week commencing Monday 11th October.
Cross Country Heats
Cross country will be taking part in one of your child’s normal PE lessons next week. Times and dates are listed below. It would be advisable for your child to bring in appropriate footwear and a spare bag to put dirty footwear in. Well done to the 10Y students who have already taken part in the cross country event this week.
Friday 8th Oct – P1 7X and P2 10X
Tuesday 12th Oct – P1 9Y and P3 9X
Thursday 14th Oct – P1 – 8Y, P3 8X and P5 7Y