Return to School arrangements w/c 4th January 2021
Following on from the Government’s announcement of our staggered return back in January 2021, I am writing to confirm what impact that will have for your child and their return to school.
- All of Year 11 students will be in from 6th January as normal for face to face teaching
- The expectation is that all students who are classified as vulnerable, are children of critical workers will attend school from January 6th and will follow their normal school timetable in school. Students that are classified as vulnerable will receive a separate school communication.
- If you are unsure whether your son or daughter qualifies as one of these groups, please refer to the latest DfE guidance. Evidence will need to be obtained from employers to prove critical worker status and this should be emailed into COVID19@worthinghigh.net by midnight on Sunday 3 January 2021.
- From 6th January all other students in Year 7 – Year 10 are to remain at home and access their normal timetable through MS Teams between Wednesday 6th – Friday 8th January.
- All Students when returning back to school will be in full normal uniform for the 1st week as no PE practical will be taught as per the Government guidelines
- PE lessons will resume as normal from January 11th 2021.
- No extracurricular clubs from 6th – 8th January.
- Period 0 and Period 6 will run as normal.
- In accordance with DfE guidance Monday 11th January, ALL students are expected to attend school.
- All vocational exams for Year 10 and Year 11 will go ahead as normal. These are Sports Studies and Enterprise and Marketing.
- Year 9 SRE will take place as planned, as will the early finish of 1.30pm on Thursday 7th January.
Please can you view the guidance and classification for vulnerable students and please can I ask you to return the surveys below by Sunday 3rd January (IT survey must be completed by the earlier date of Monday 21st December).
The information that is supplied will help focus where any additional resources may need to be supplied and allow us to process your feedback on 4th January.
This cannot unfortunately be processed before then.
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Jan21ITACCESS (Deadline date earlier than other surveys, to enable IT Support – Deadline 5pm Monday 21st December)
Our school canteen and additional serving points will remain open for the three day period, Wednesday 6th – Friday 8th January. For students who are eligible for Free School Meals, but will not be attending school, supermarket vouchers will be issued on Tuesday 5th January for the 3 day period.
The announcement from the DfE was only announced to schools yesterday and I hope that our communication to you will provide you with some clarity and reassurance and enable you to have a safe and restful break.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.